I'm a Thing-Finder, and when you are a Thing-Finder you don't have a minute to spare.
...the whole world is full of things, and somebody has to look for them.
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

inspiration

inspiration

Monday, March 28, 2011

The week that was.....

It's done...I've delivered the presentation and lived to tell the tale. I have conquered my first real business hurdle and am feeling pretty chuffed with myself. That's not to say that I'm all business savvy now but I certainly have a better handle on it then I did 4 weeks ago. I have also met some great people and hopefully made some connections that will be around for a while. I'm now officially an Edgie and am very proud of that status. Check out the website to get a better idea of what I'm talking about - http://www.edgeware.com.au/

ta da!!!
It's been the week from hell and I'm very glad that it's over.... My 'other' workplace has imploded and I'm not sure what to do about that. I can't imagine returning and working in the new environment but I also know that I am constrained by the same things as everyone else, a mortgage, a family, eating, wearing clothes etc, etc! I think I need to get out of community work all together, it appears that they are all trying to move towards corporatisation and I'm not comfortable with that. I want to be part of something that nurtures the community it exists in, that is innovative and creative, not stuck in becoming a super-power that wants to take over the world. Who knows what lies ahead, I've been learning some interesting lessons lately although I'm not exactly sure what the learnings are yet. I'm sure time will tell, as it always does, if you are listening.

loyal european followers

Perhaps this is all about pushing me into forming this business that I keep talking about. This week has certainly encouraged me to give up on some things and get serious about others.

 I heard this on someone else's blog and can't get it out of my head so I thought that I'd pass it on...have a great week.x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geraldine
    I knew you would do well in your presentation so congratulations. I have 'shared' your blog on my Facebook page.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete