I'm a Thing-Finder, and when you are a Thing-Finder you don't have a minute to spare.
...the whole world is full of things, and somebody has to look for them.
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

inspiration

inspiration

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pillowcase Princesses

What a stinker of a day! Yesterday was bad enough but today is awfully hot and humid, typical February weather I suppose! I managed to stay coolish yesterday by sewing and watching trashy movies with my sister and mum. I didn't venture into the One metre wonders book as promised but instead made 3 pillowcase dresses for my nieces. I'm pretty pleased with them as it was my first try. The princesses look gorgeous in them (they make great models as they would look great in sugar sacks) so I'll try to post a photo. Now the trick is to not rest on my laurels and continue sewing today. I think I'll have a go at something out of the book, maybe a shopping bag or cover for my sewing machine. Hopefully I won't melt today and my next posting will be about how I managed to keep up the momentum and create another masterpiece. Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment